Urology of Central Pennsylvania recently welcomed two new care providers to our team.More
Urology of Central PA is honored to have been voted as Simply the Best Medical Specialist in Harrisburg Magazine’s annual award competition. UCPA has been recognized with an award in the competition since 2008.More
State Representative Andrew Lewis will hold his first annual Senior Expo on Wednesday, October 2, 2019, at Devonshire Memorial Church of United Brethren in the Christ Community Center, from 10 a.m. — 1 p.m.
Urology of Central Pennsylvania is proud to participate in this event by offering health screenings and information. Please stop by our table and say hello!
Other vendors at the fair will focus on health care, personal security, volunteer opportunities, leisure programs and more.More
Once again, Urology of Central PA helped families make great memories with their dads this Father’s Day and for years to come. We proudly sponsored the weekend at the Harrisburg Senators with some of our partners to raise awareness of prostate cancer. The disease is the second most common cancer in men and one in nine men will face prostate cancer in their lifetime.More
Urology of Central Pennsylvania extends our congratulations to our own Dr. Timothy Brown on his recognition as one of Pennsylvania Medical Society’s (PAMED’s) Top Physicians Under 40 for 2019 — an award that honors early career physician leaders. Dr. Brown will be recognized at the award ceremony on October 25.
Over the years, two other of Urology of Central Pennsylvania’s fine physicians have earned this special recognition – Dr. Vanessa Elliot in 2018 and Dr. Thomas Clements in 2017.
Many men find their lives have been negatively impacted by the ongoing symptoms of an enlarged prostate, called benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH. Signs of BPH include frequent and urgent urination, weak urine flow and interrupted sleep from multiple trips to the bathroom.
The condition affects more than 40 million men in the U.S., and we see many men in their 40s, 50s and older with symptoms of BPH.
There are a range of treatment options available for BPH including the proven, minimally-invasive UroLift® System procedure. We will discuss all options at the following seminar.
“Treatment Options for Enlarged Prostate”
Tuesday May 21, 2019
Check-in: 5:30 p.m. / Presentation: 6 p.m.
725 Eisenhower Blvd.
Harrisburg, PA 17111
RSVP by calling 800-343-3503
This is Nurse’s Week and we are also recognizing it as our “Surgical Services Week” at our ASC (Ambulatory Surgery Center).
We applaud our ASC Team’s efforts! Everyone who works at the UCPA ASC is committed and dedicated to making this experience as efficient and as pleasant as possible for each patient and their unique needs. We offer cost effective, high quality and state of the art services at our urology specific ASC with experienced, knowledgeable and caring staff. We are very fortunate to have some of the most trusted and talented staff at our ASC.
We appreciate the positive difference they make each and every day! THANK YOU!More
- Urology of Central PA is committed to provide the most advanced, accessible and responsive urologic care in Central Pennsylvania.
- In the best interest of our patients, Urology of Central PA decided to sell the Prostate Cancer Center, a division of our practice, to UPMC Pinnacle in January 2019.
- Urology of Central PA remains an independent medical practice.
- Urology of Central PA chose UPMC Pinnacle to purchase the Prostate Cancer Center to best ensure the advancement and accessibility of prostate cancer care in the region.
- The Prostate Cancer Center is a state-of-the-art facility staffed by highly-skilled specialists who have decades of invaluable experience treating prostate cancer.
- The Prostate Cancer Center almost exclusively treats prostate cancer patients using external beam radiation therapy.
- The Prostate Cancer Center uses the latest technology in treating prostate cancer.
- Radiation therapy includes both Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT).
- As a result, a Dr. David Salinger and other Prostate Cancer Center associates became employees of UPMC Pinnacle.
- The Prostate Cancer Center continues to be located in the same building as Urology of Central PA at 100 Corporate Circle Drive, Camp Hill.
- The purchase of the Prostate Cancer Center will provide UCPA and UPMC Pinnacle increased opportunities to offer preventative care, partner closely on prostate cancer services, and provide more/varied/different treatment options for patients.
- Urology of Central PA remains deeply committed to prostate cancer care and accessible, responsive treatment. We will still meet our community’s need for high-quality, convenient, cost-efficient urologic and prostate cancer care.
- Patients will continue to have access to the UCPA-hosted support group that meets every third Thursday of every other month (February, April, June, August. October & December).
- Patients will still have access to free prostate cancer screenings (PSA and DRE).
- Maintaining our relationships with ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, the PA Prostate Cancer Coalition, and the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) remains important to Urology of Central PA.
Urology of Central Pennsylvania and ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer are proud to announce our 2019 5K Run/Walk Harrisburg date. On Friday, September 20, at 6 p.m., on City Island in Harrisburg, hundreds of participants, businesses, families and prostate cancer survivors will join to fight against the second most common cancer in men.
This annual 5K Run/Walk has made a big difference in the lives of men and their families through the research, screening, awareness, and advocacy work of ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer. You are invited to participate as a sponsor, participant, or volunteer!More
Urology of Central Pennsylvania thanks our amazing staff. Our staff make a difference every day and we extend our sincere appreciation today, Administrative Professionals Day!
The staff at Urology of Central Pennsylvania do a lot to help our practice and physicians serve our patients well.
Today, we would like to recognize our Patient Service Representatives in our Patient Assistance Center (PAC). These are the hard-working people you speak with when calling to schedule appointments, ask questions, and check-in and check-out. Thank you to our Medical Secretaries and Schedulers who schedule procedures in our Surgery Center (ASC) or at the hospitals and also schedule imaging exams (CT, MRI, Ultrasound, etc.). Many thanks also to the staff in Medical Records and our Billing & Administrative team (HR, Purchasing, and Information Technology). THANK YOU for going above and beyond each day!More