Urology of Central PA is a fast paced medical group that is a leader in the practice of urology. We are dedicated to recruiting staff members who exemplify Urology of Central PA's vision of excellence in patient care.
Its not only our expertise in services and patient care that make Urology of Central PA successful - it's our wonderful people! Thank you for your interest in being part of our success!
Whether you work with our Physicians or Providers, greet our patients, schedule surgeries, file medical records, post payments, code Physician charges or win in one of the many positions throughout our organization, Urology of Central PA is committed to providing each member of our valued team with the best working environment possible.
Our group includes a committed team of managers, supervisors, and support members, camaraderie, growth opportunities, community involvement, and wonderful benefits. We pride ourselves on the employees who work to fulfill our mission.
All employees of Urology of Central PA enjoy the security and peace of mind of a being a part of a financially stable company. Eligible Urology of Central PA employees also enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes: health, dental, vision, 401K savings/pension plan and paid time off.
We offer a variety of opportunities for those seeking a rewarding and challenging career.
Thank you again for your continued interest in our organization.
-The UCPA Team
Current Openings at Urology of Central PA
Patient Service Representative
Urology of Central PA is hiring for a Patient Service Representative for our PAC-Patient Assistance Center. This position is responsible for various front office type duties in a medical environment. Responsibilities include, answering incoming phone calls, appointment scheduling, chart preparation, preparation of paperwork for doctors, and data entry in to electronic medical records system. To successfully fill this role someone must have strong attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, and strong communication skills. Prior experience in a medical setting is preferred. Prior experience with Medent is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medent: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) RN
The Registered Nurse in the Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) area provides care to patients undergoing ambulatory surgery by assisting with patient preparation. The PAT Nurse get patients properly prepared for their surgical procedure by checking their various vital signs and recording them.
- Performs nursing assessment for all patients, age 18 to geriatric, on admission to UCPA Surgery Center and reassesses thereafter as the patient’s status indicates.
- Identifies nursing care, nursing diagnoses and patient/family needs based on assessment data to ensure patient status preoperatively is appropriate to outpatient surgery procedure(s).
- Communicates patient status to surgeon.
- Provides a safe environment for the patient, family, and caregiver.
- Administers medications and monitors for effectiveness, reactions, etc.
- Assesses for pain with vital signs, reassess per procedure.
- Documents assessments and interventions using age appropriate tools.
- Performs patient scoring on admit, observing monitors and reports changes and institutes appropriate treatments.
- Provides patient, family/caregiver teaching regarding the surgical process
- Facilitates referrals to hospital services or community agencies when identifies need.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide nursing care to age 18 to geriatric.
- Knowledge and skills to provide care in all phases of the preoperative preparation of the patient for the operating room or procedure room such as nursing assessment and, preoperative orders completed, required documentation done, surgical and anesthesia consents present, ensure anesthesia evaluation completed if appropriate and that patient ready for the operating room or procedure room.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English language to effectively communicate with predominately English-speaking population.
- Ability to work under tension.
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively with surgeons, patients and coworkers as a team member.
- Ability to adapt to a work schedule with early starts and late procedure case end times.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with changes in job/duties.
- Ability to optimize use of resources and use time effectively.
- Must be organized and a self-starter.
- Maintain respect, integrity and sense of humor.
- Knowledge and experience with management software systems preferred
- Must possess a thorough understanding of business machine operation including computers, fax machines, printers, scanners, and telephone to adequately retrieve patient data, complete online educational offerings and manage surgical schedules for patient arrival times to the Surgery Center.
- Ability to follow the Standards of Performance guidelines established by UCPA Surgery Center.
- Follow HIPAA, OSHA, Security, Compliance, and Fraud guidelines.
Experience and Education:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current registered nurse licensure in Pennsylvania or eligibility for licensure required.
- BLS Required
- Minimum one (1) year experience in an acute care setting within the past two (2) years, current PeriAnesthesia registered nurse experience, preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
New UCPA Ambulatory Surgery Center FT, PT & PRN RNs for peri-anesthesia role (pre op and PACU)
-2 years acute care, critical care or ASC experience preferred.
-No evenings, weekends, or holidays.
UCPA is currently looking for qualified candidates that are experienced and/or new residents in Urology to join our team of professionals. Preferably the ideal candidate is Board certified or eligible. This is an employed position with an option for future partnership. Excellent compensation package and benefits. Potential ownership opportunities in ASC and Litho.
UCPA is a comprehensive, independently owned practice and the only Urology practice serving two health systems and four hospitals (Geisinger Holy Spirit and UPMC Pinnacle Hospitals) in the region. We provide compassionate, high quality, cost-effective care to over 45,000 patients. Our services include Urology, Clinical Lab & Pathology, CT Imaging and advanced GU Oncology. Eleven Urologists, Pathologist, nurse practitioner and physician assistants work within the two main offices (Harrisburg and Camp Hill) and in hospitals that make up our integrated practice. We also have satellite locations in Millersburg, Newport and Fulton County Medical Center.
We are deeply committed to the healthcare community. We enjoy long-standing collaborations with the health systems, primary care networks, and our colleagues in the various specialties.
We offer the advantages of a larger integrated practice model scaled to a middle sized market. We are conveniently located in South Central PA, just a short drive from Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, and New York City. The cost of living in our region is considerably better than these neighboring cities and our physician compensation is benchmarked considerably higher than the average Urologist participating in the LUGPA (Large Urology Group Practice Association) data survey.
Advanced Practice Provider (CRNP or PA-C) for Urology
Opportunity for a full or part time position for coverage.
Required: Must be a graduate of an approved CRNP or PA Program and have a current CRNP or PA License in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner must have a current PA State Board of Nursing license and be Graduate of an Accredited Nurse Practitioner program with Board Certification (ANCC), or National Commission, with a Master of Science in Nursing Degree.
Physician Assistant must be graduate of AMA approved Physician Assistant Program, be Board Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and have current registration with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs.
Job Summary: The major areas of responsibility include providing urologic health care through the evaluation, management and treatment of patients in hospital and urology clinic. Works under the direction of Collaborating Physician and supervising urologists. Must demonstrate excellent customer service.
-Evaluates patient reviewing medical history and performing an appropriate physical exam.
-Interprets and evaluates patient data as authorized by a physician for the purpose of determining management and treatment of patients. Consult with physician as appropriate.
-Adjusts patient care plan by reviewing and monitoring treatments and therapy plans.
-Administers or orders laboratory, radiological and diagnostic tests that will assist with the medical management; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipates effects of treatments, and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
-Prescribes, recommends, and regulates appropriate pharmacologic medicine.
-Documents appropriately and communicates with the appropriate physician in a timely manner as required, including, but not limited to: evaluations, treatment plans, progress reports, billing documentation, treatment notes, and other reports as requested.
-Minimum of 3 years experience as an Advance Practice Provider preferred.
-Urology or Surgical experience preferred but not essential.
-Current BLS certification required.
Medical Assistant (Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN)
Responsible for providing basic care which includes assisting physicians with all procedures and tests. Duties include patient education and teaching, including communicating effectively with patients and all members of the team. Duties may also include traveling to satellites with physicians, recording vital signs and medical histories, responding to patient calls, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician and assisting other staff in the clinic. Responsible for daily maintenance of the laboratory areas and equipment logs. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, etc. Outstanding customer service and teamwork.
Application / Resume
You may submit your resume and/or application to Urology of Central PA via e-mail, fax, or mail.
Fax: (717) 724-4689
Mail: Urology of Central PA, Attn: Human Resources, 100 Corporate Center Dr, Camp Hill, PA 17011
Please correspond via e-mail or mail. No phone calls or office visits please.
UCPA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a pleasant family-like working environment. Benefits include the following for full time employee: employee health, dental and vision coverage as well as long term disability and life insurance.
The success of Urology of Central PA is built on the talent and energy of outstanding people, so we very much appreciate your interest in working with our company.