Urology of Central PA is a fast paced medical group that is a leader in the practice of urology. We are dedicated to recruiting staff members who exemplify Urology of Central PA’s vision of excellence in patient care.
Its not only our expertise in services and patient care that make Urology of Central PA successful – it’s our wonderful people! Thank you for your interest in being part of our success!
Whether you work with our Physicians or Providers, greet our patients, schedule surgeries, file medical records, post payments, code Physician charges or win in one of the many positions throughout our organization, Urology of Central PA is committed to providing each member of our valued team with the best working environment possible.
Our group includes a committed team of managers, supervisors, and support members, camaraderie, growth opportunities, community involvement, and wonderful benefits. We pride ourselves on the employees who work to fulfill our mission.
All employees of Urology of Central PA enjoy the security and peace of mind of a being a part of a financially stable company. Eligible Urology of Central PA employees also enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes: health, dental, vision, 401K savings/pension plan and paid time off.
We offer a variety of opportunities for those seeking a rewarding and challenging career.
Thank you again for your continued interest in our organization.
– The UCPA Team
Current Openings at Urology of Central PA
Authorization Specialist – ASC
- Obtain all Prior Authorizations for UCPA Surgery Center
- The Surgery Center schedules are reviewed daily to determine which procedures need authorized.
- All authorization requests are addressed within (2) business days of receipt.
- Notification of authorization status is made to the appropriate person(s) within (2) business days of receiving authorization.
- Authorization is requested for the appropriate procedures for each patient.
- Appropriate clinical information is communicated to payers. If this is unavailable in the chart documentation, it is obtained from the ordering physician.
- The authorization process is completed prior to the patient’s scheduled procedure.
- Authorization information is recorded in Medent in a timely and accurate manner.
- Offices are notified of any authorization issues that need to be resolved prior to the scheduled procedure.
- Triages & documents are monitored regularly, several times each day.
- Maintain a current knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding rules and CCI edits, as necessary to complete authorizations.
- Prep WS Office Charges
- Encounters are checked against the daily lab manifest to verify that all blood draws are accounted for and billable.
- Procedure sheets are reviewed and compared to encounters to ensure all charges are captured correctly.
- Address Billing Questions
- Assist office staff or patients with billing questions in a respectful and helpful manner.
- All patient questions and requests are addressed promptly and accurately.
- Patient phone calls are answered prior to the third ring.
- Eligibility and benefits questions from the office are addressed promptly and accurately.
- Backup Coverage for Others
- Prepping ES office charges
- Determining vas benefits
- Opening, assembling & adding daily patient payments
Patient Service Representative
Urology of Central PA is hiring for a Patient Service Representative for our PAC-Patient Assistance Center. This position is responsible for various front office type duties in a medical environment. Responsibilities include, answering incoming phone calls, appointment scheduling, chart preparation, preparation of paperwork for doctors, and data entry in to electronic medical records system. To successfully fill this role someone must have strong attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, and strong communication skills. Prior experience in a medical setting is preferred. Prior experience with Medent is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medent: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
UCPA is currently looking for qualified candidates that are experienced and/or new residents in Urology to join our team of professionals. Preferably the ideal candidate is Board certified or eligible. This is an employed position with an option for future partnership. Excellent compensation package and benefits. Potential ownership opportunities in ASC and Litho.
UCPA is a comprehensive, independently owned practice and the only Urology practice serving two health systems and four hospitals (Geisinger Holy Spirit and UPMC Pinnacle Hospitals) in the region. We provide compassionate, high quality, cost-effective care to over 45,000 patients. Our services include Urology, Clinical Lab & Pathology, CT Imaging and advanced GU Oncology. Eleven Urologists, Pathologist, nurse practitioners and physician assistants work within the two main offices (Harrisburg and Camp Hill) and in hospitals that make up our integrated practice. We also have satellite locations in Millersburg, Newport and Fulton County Medical Center.
We are deeply committed to the healthcare community. We enjoy long-standing collaborations with the health systems, primary care networks, and our colleagues in the various specialties.
We offer the advantages of a larger integrated practice model scaled to a middle sized market. We are conveniently located in South Central PA, just a short drive from Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, and New York City. The cost of living in our region is considerably better than these neighboring cities and our physician compensation is benchmarked considerably higher than the average Urologist participating in the LUGPA (Large Urology Group Practice Association) data survey.
Advanced Practice Provider (CRNP or PA-C) for Urology
Opportunity for a full or part time position for coverage.
Required: Must be a graduate of an approved CRNP or PA Program and have a current CRNP or PA License in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner must have a current PA State Board of Nursing license and be Graduate of an Accredited Nurse Practitioner program with Board Certification (ANCC), or National Commission, with a Master of Science in Nursing Degree.
Physician Assistant must be graduate of AMA approved Physician Assistant Program, be Board Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and have current registration with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs.
Job Summary: The major areas of responsibility include providing urologic health care through the evaluation, management and treatment of patients in hospital and urology clinic. Works under the direction of Collaborating Physician and supervising urologists. Must demonstrate excellent customer service.
-Evaluates patient reviewing medical history and performing an appropriate physical exam.
-Interprets and evaluates patient data as authorized by a physician for the purpose of determining management and treatment of patients. Consult with physician as appropriate.
-Adjusts patient care plan by reviewing and monitoring treatments and therapy plans.
-Administers or orders laboratory, radiological and diagnostic tests that will assist with the medical management; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipates effects of treatments, and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
-Prescribes, recommends, and regulates appropriate pharmacologic medicine.
-Documents appropriately and communicates with the appropriate physician in a timely manner as required, including, but not limited to: evaluations, treatment plans, progress reports, billing documentation, treatment notes, and other reports as requested.
-Minimum of 3 years experience as an Advance Practice Provider preferred.
-Urology or Surgical experience preferred but not essential.
-Current BLS certification required.
Medical Assistant (Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN)
Responsible for providing basic care which includes assisting physicians with all procedures and tests. Duties include patient education and teaching, including communicating effectively with patients and all members of the team. Duties may also include traveling to satellites with physicians, recording vital signs and medical histories, responding to patient calls, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician and assisting other staff in the clinic. Responsible for daily maintenance of the laboratory areas and equipment logs. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, etc. Outstanding customer service and teamwork.
UCPA Ambulatory Surgery Center FT, PT & PRN RNs for peri-anesthesia role (pre op and PACU)
-2 years acute care, critical care or ASC experience preferred.
-No evenings, weekends, or holidays.
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for the efficient scheduling of the patient and for the physician; including ensuring that all demographic information is entered correctly at the time of the procedure scheduling These services include surgery scheduling at various hospitals and surgery centers. The Procedure/Surgery Scheduler serves as a liaison between hospitals, surgery centers, other practices and locations within UCPA.
- Schedules patients accurately and efficiently for any and all surgical procedures and coordinates, communicates, and collaborates with other locations within UCPA.
- Provides patients with all necessary information in regards to their procedure. Including, but not limited to special diet or prep instructions, general insurance information, arrival times, dates, locations, etc.
- Organizes work for efficiency and problem solving as related to surgery scheduling and its impact on physicians and clinic.
- Serves as UCPA’s contact for hospitals, surgery centers and physicians in regards to schedules, procedures, or concerns while sharing information and working with manager, supervisor, co-schedulers and physicians.
- Responsible for being up-to-date on all insurance requirements and following all guidelines requested.
- Documents scheduled surgeries in Medent or other PM/EMR system under chart notes.
- Enters all demographic information including insurance and checking patients insurance for pre-certifications, prior authorization and referrals.
- Reschedules and cancels surgery and post-op appointments in a way which minimizes any inconveniences to the patient, including notification to the correct hospital or surgery center.
- Maintains effective and accurate daily physician surgery schedules.
- Communicates effectively and compassionately with patients.
- Releases block time according to established guidelines (Block time Utilization) to minimize potential loss of necessary time.
- Communicates effectively with staff, management, physicians, and outside contacts.
- Represents UCPA in a professional manner related to appearance, communication and the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of all phases of the job
- Able to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, physicians, and the general public.
- Ability to get along well with others, respectful, and act as a team player.
- Possess excellent customer service and telephone skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with changes in job/duties.
- Ability to optimize use of resources and use time effectively.
- Must be organized and a self-starter.
- Knowledge of Medent EMR preferred.
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to follow the Standards of Performance guidelines established by UCPA.
- Follow HIPAA, OSHA, Security, Compliance, and Fraud guidelines.
Experience and Education:
-High school diploma or equivalent.
-Three years surgery scheduling or other medical/clinical experience.
-Medical terminology required with some background in insurance preferred.
Medical Technology (MT/MLT) Position for Clinical Lab
ASCP certification required.
Full time day shift, no holidays.
Microbiology experience preferred.
Camp Hill office location.
Application / Resume
You may submit your resume and/or application to Urology of Central PA via e-mail, fax, or mail.
Fax: (717) 724-4689
Mail: Urology of Central PA, Attn: Human Resources, 100 Corporate Center Dr, Camp Hill, PA 17011
Please correspond via e-mail or mail. No phone calls or office visits please.
UCPA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a pleasant family-like working environment. Benefits include the following for full time employee: employee health, dental and vision coverage as well as long term disability and life insurance.
The success of Urology of Central PA is built on the talent and energy of outstanding people, so we very much appreciate your interest in working with our company.